Our facility has been closed over winter 2021 due to the Scottish Government Level 4 ‘Stay At Home’ lockdown. But now the weather is improving and the ground is safe to ride on here at Lindores we plan to open on 1st March and align with the current Scottish Governments Level 4 Outdoor Sport and Leisure Activity Rules as an outdoor sports facility operator. The outdoor non-contact sport rules in Level 4 are very strict and our appointed COVID Officer has undertaken the necessary risk assessments.
It’s extremely important that customers understand the latest rules to keep yourself and our team safe. We have highlighted the key rules for our sports facility below. However we suggest you also read The Scottish Governments APPENDIX 1: Level 4 Guidance (Stay at Home) information and the latest equestrian industry’s guidance from HorseScotland.
Most important Level 4 rules to be aware of before booking our outdoor sports facility are:
- A maximum of 2 people from 2 different households can train
- Children under the age of 12 from these households do not count towards the 2 people restriction limit
- Children under age of 12 can have a group lesson
- Social distancing (2 metre rule) applies to all children and adults on site from separate households
- An instructor can coach and travel across councils but note they count as one household.
- Individual lessons can operate for people aged 12 years or older
- Only households travelling from our local council Fife or up to 5 miles of the Fife boundary can travel here
- Travel within the local authority for organised formal activities for example coaching/training etc allowed
- Travel up to 5 miles of the Fife boundary for non formal activity for example private hire without instruction allowed
- Exemptions apply but please read the links above to determine if you qualify.
NOTE: On 23rd February 2021 First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s statement set out indicative dates to return to a system of levels from the last week of April. The key points below are the latest key considerations and rules for future activity at Lindores, more detail will be shared when we have it and we will amend our booking system to align with the rules:
- 15 March
- Sport: Non-contact outdoor group sport permitted for 12 to 17 year olds (this is already permitted for under 12s).
- Gatherings: Outdoor meetings of 4 people from 2 households permitted.
- 5 April
- Stay at home: Stay at home requirement removed.
- Gatherings: Outdoor meetings of 6 people from 2 households permitted.
- 26 April
- Level 3: Initially the intention is that mainland Scotland will move to level 3.
- Sport: The levels system will support the phased re-opening of sport. The detail of what activity will be permitted in each level will be confirmed in mid-March.
|Facility Hire||Status (click on link to book online)|
|Hacking||Opening 1st March|
|Outdoor Arena with Optional Show Jumps||Open|
|Cross Country Hire||Opening 1st March|
|Working Hunter Jumps on Grass||Opening 1st April (online booking opens soon)|
|Parking Area (incl new overflow parking)||Open|
|Toilets||Temporarily closed to reduce risk|
|Stabling||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|Luxury Lodge Stays www.lindores.co.uk||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|Bunkroom||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|Campsite Pitches||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|The Bothy||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|Reception||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
|Tuck Shop in Reception||Temporarily closed due to lockdown|
NO CONTACT OUTDOOR VENUE: We now have a simple and instant online booking form. We are proud to be a paperless and cashless venue. There is no longer a requirement to visit reception to complete a Disclaimer Form and pay cash on arrival, this is done online before you arrive.
Please at all times continue to practice Government recommendations on social distancing.
In 2020 we built a new hardstanding overflow car park below the working hunter grass paddock. Please attempt to park minimum 5 metres apart. There is now plenty of space to allow for this.
- Welcomes 2 households max at a time, must travel separately
- Dogs on leads welcome (we’re lambing soon so we really mean on lead at all times)
- Hourly time slots available
- Use hand sanitizer provided at any closed gateway
- Text Anna on 07736 044 058 when you have started and finished your hack with the message ‘FULL NAME – STARTING HACK’ and at the end ‘FULL NAME – ENDING HACK’
- Welcomes up to 2 households at a time, must travel separately
- Instructors and coaching welcomed in line with guidance
- Hourly time slots must be adhered too and give time to exit the arena in advance of next rider
- Use hand sanitizers provided on entry and exit
- Please wear gloves prior to touching equipment (cups, wings, poles, poo picking kit)
CROSS COUNTRY (March only dates released)
- Welcomes up to 2 households at a time
- Single riders must have someone responsible on foot for safety
- Hourly time slots must be adhered too
- Use hand sanitizer provided at any closed gateway
- Back protectors must be worn in line with British Regulations
- Instructors and coaching is welcomed in line with guidance
Horses to be fully vaccinated up to one year. Don’t forget you must travel with your horses passport.
Wear up to standard safety equipment. Skull cap and back protector in line with British Regulations is mandatory when jumping on the cross country course. Use your own equipment for horse and rider. Respect the views and opinions of other members. Maintain social distancing at all times. Ride within your capabilities and current horse and rider fitness levels.
INSTRUCTORS & COACHES
Qualified instructors must have their own public liability, must adhere to our Covid-19 Protocol and note instructors can travel across all councils in Scotland to carry out their work.
Travel within Fife and up to 5 miles of the Fife boundary is allowed for non formal activity for example private hire without instruction. For organised formal activities for example coaching/training – customer travel can only be within the local council Fife.
NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM IS EASY AND QUICK. Check availability, book and pay instantly. Riders no longer have to sign a Disclaimer Form at reception on arrival. Your disclaimer is part of your online booking process. YAY! The person booking online accepts liability for all named riders and should share the Terms and Conditions with their group in advance of training so everyone know the rules. Instructors are welcome to book facilities using the new online system as well. If you experience any difficulty with our new booking system please tell us! We’ll sort it quickly for you.
YOUR BOOKED TIME
Arrive 15 minutes in advance of your start time. Try and not linger after training is finished. If you are running late please let Anna know in advance on 07736 044 058.
Payment for facility hire is now all online. Pay by credit or debit card. Our venue is cashless.
Will be cleaned regularly. Please only use these facilities if absolutely necessary.
IF YOU FALL AND NEED ASSISTANCE
Call Anna on 07736044058 and someone in PPE will come to you. In the event of a bad accident contact emergency services immediately. Location details on facility gates.
We are delighted to be opening again and hope these guidelines make you feel safe and protected when visiting our facility
Social distance at all times
If we see people not adhering to social distancing, we have the right to ask you to leave
Do not travel if you have symptoms of Covid-19
Do not travel if you have been with someone diagnosed in the last 14 days
Adhere to the signage on site
Use the hand sanitizers available at every gateway
Call Anna if you have any questions, we’re still friendly and very happy to help!